Sunday, January 16, 2011

Momma

Happy Birthday Granny!
I am not a writer and try not to pretend to be one, but I have a little to say about my mom. Not long ago I was a boy crazy unappreciative teenager. I don't know why, but I was. I didn't understand how hard my parents worked to provide for us. They didn't have fancy jobs, we didn't live in a big beautiful home, and my mom drove a car that was embarrassing. But we had everything we needed and most importantly, they loved us. I have "grown up" a little over the past few years and realize I am who and I am in large part because of mom. She raised us in church and built that foundation and for that I am so grateful for.
My mom didn't have a storybook childhood and was told after 30 years of marriage that she wasn't wanted anymore, but has overcome the obstacles in her life. I am so proud of who she is today. She isn't perfect, nobody is, but she loves her family with everything she has. She wears her heart on her sleeve. She deserves the utmost respect. I guess only now that I am a parent can I truly understand what she has done for me. A mother's love is unconditional and forever.
Thank you for raising me in a loving home, for putting up with me through those teen years, and now for supporting me as I journey through motherhood. I love you Momma!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you got the best birthday gift you could have ever gotten from Sarah! It's been good getting to know you! Julie

    ReplyDelete