Sunday, October 10, 2010

This and That

Happy Sunday to ya!

Starting Tuesday I will be volunteering at Brady's school once a week for an hour or two. I am going to be helping in Brady's class with "centers". From what I understand, the class will break up into 3 groups to do different activities in each one as they rotate. I will be leading one of the groups. I had to have a background check and go get fingerprinted and they did another background check on me there too. Better safe than sorry, but wow that is a lot just for me to volunteer once a week.

Preston is filling in for a store manager for up to 3 months. He has to drive almost 45 min. there and 45 min. back 5 days a week. Yuck! Grrrrr! He has an interview this Tuesday for a store in Kansas! I know he has had so many and I rarely get excited about them anymore, but I have to keep reminding myself that it will happen. Who knows, this could be it! I know God is in control. He knows what we need, and it is more than just a store for him to manage. I like to think He is preparing the "perfect" little place for us right now and soon he will bless us with all that we have been praying for and more, so much more!

Next weekend the kids and I are going to Arkansas for Kiah and Ryann's birthday party! I think I may be more excited than the kids. Can't wait to see my sister and family, but sad my mom won't be able to come this year. Then the next weekend we are making a very quick trip to OKC for my cousin's baby boy's dedication. I am not looking forward to all the traveling (especially without Preston), but I love to see family every chance I get. And I just can't miss seeing Toby being dedicated to God! AND THEN two weeks after that we are headed to Turpin and Enid to see more family! Three weeks after that is Thanksgiving...and we start all over again. ; )


4 comments:

  1. love these pictures...Is Maddie going with you when you volunteer? Her hair is getting long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can take her if I need to, but the lady who used to take care of her in our church nursery is going to watch her for me when she can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maddie will just have to wait to go to school.... Sounds like you are keeping busy!!! Lots of things going on. Fun. Fun. Fun. Dixie

    ReplyDelete