Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Burse

I wanted a purse.
It ended up more like a bag.
So I am calling it a "burse".
I winged it because I didn't have a pattern...
so please do not judge.  I know that can be hard, but just try.  ;-)
(oh, I know you wouldn't do that!)

 
I used embroidery floss to add a few details and crocheted a bow.

The strap ended up being too long so I added the two knots to shorten it up.

As you can see here, I already have a very cute bag (thanks to my awesome friend Annie!).  I didn't need another one!

Right now I am using it for all my yarn and crochet projects.  It helps keep me from having yarn everywhere and I can even take it in the car with me when we are traveling!

So now I have another bag or burse...hmmm...what should I do with it.
This stripe fabric is the inside of the pockets.

This is the fabric inside the burse.

Does it look too "kiddish" for a 30ish mom? 

8 comments:

  1. nahhhh. Wear it with confidence that you are still young and can get away with carrying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't put it on your head and wear it for a hat, The "Red Hat" ladies would be jealous. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I also like the name Burse. Maybe it'll catch on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely won't be wearing it as a hat! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's soo cute you can never have too many burses. I love the blanket stitch around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last purse I tried to make ended up a burse too. the handle is way too long the opening is way too small and the bag part is way too big. But I dont have any more material to do anything about it. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! We shall try again!!!

    ReplyDelete