Friday, February 4, 2011

It took 3 years...

but we finally did it!  Today we are officially 100% debt free!!!!!!!!!!!  We are too excited not share the good news!  In January 2008 we read The Total Money Makeover and started our "baby steps".  We cut up all our credit cards, made a budget each month, and started using cash.  In my opinion, using cash is the simplest yet best change we made.  I always know how much money I have and when it's gone, it's gone.  No more car payments!  No more school loan payments!  No more credit card payments!  Our next "step" is to build up our savings a little, which we plan to do, but saving for a home and home "stuff" is definitely on our minds right now!  I guess we won't be debt free for long.

***A random picture today of my favorite shoes Maddie has worn.  She wore them a lot...without socks!  Oh the smell!!!  Preston HATED them, but I LOVED them...so she wore them.  We could smell her coming.  Can I find the exact pair in a bigger size?  Well, I'm going to try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment